Our Town

article_image_full

In 1796 Zachariah Hole built a block house and stockade on the Great Miami River across from where Bear Creek empties into the Great Miami.  Known as Hole’s Station until 1818 when the growing number of settlers decided to incorporate as the Village of Miamisburg.  At the time Zacharia Hole arrived, a Miami Indian village existed on the west bank of the Great Miami within site of the current downtown Miamisburg.

Click here to read about Our Town – Miamisburg, Ohio!